Adult Swim have just pushed a patch for this Trinket Studios title, improving things all around.
With nearly three dozen changes listed in the update’s patch notes, and those changes spanning seven different sub-categories, I think it’s safe to say that Battle Chef Brigade has been given a rather hefty little overhaul in its first patch.
Get a look at the official patch notes in full below, including a note about an issue yet to be fixed.
- Add option to Reset to the pause menu during duels.
- Allow gems in Restaurant mode customer requests to animate for better colorblind accessibility.
- Don’t cull items that aren’t physics-sleeping (would result in ingredients suspending in air off-screen until the player moved close to the items again).
- Make Leave Job and Leave Practice Kitchen button consistent.
- Don’t respawn Thrash if he dies in the Yoku hunt. Prompt the player to retry immediately.
- Fix monster tint issue when off-screen as fire/cold wears off.
- Outline player chef names in judgment screen so that they’re more legible.
- Improve presentation of Challenge mode UI flow.
- Improve presentation of Shop UI flow.
- Fix credits failing to layout properly if Options menu was viewed from in-game first.
- Move Combat Voiceover to the SFX volume control.
- Disallow Customer VO playing over Dialogue VO.
- Fix Cutting Board FX not playing on the correct taste gem.
- Fix looping Berserk SFX in Chapter 4 if the Fast-Recharge item was equipped.
- Fix music not playing during some load screens.
- Increase initial difficulty of Hard Mode AI in Duels.
- Fix some issues with AI dish creation that could result in difficulty spikes in special duels, especially Fork and Shiv during C-Squad.
- Remove single-judge Daily Cook-Offs.
- Fix soft-lock going into Daily Cook-Off by mashing A and B at the same time.
- Fix leaderboard to show the day you submitted a score for, even if you played across in-game “midnight”.
- Update leaderboard prompt to reconnect more accurately based on whether server connection is available.
- Fix issue where Daily Cook-off pre-game screen could show 1970 as current date if connection was established before picking player character, but then lost again before preceding to pre-game screen.
- Increase points required for Daily Cook-Off rankups.
- Add Trash Can to Practice Kitchen so that table crowding doesn’t force the player to leave.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if you stepped away from a merging dish and then tried to pick it up.
- Fix soft-lock that could occur if a match occurred while a dish was being destroyed in a Belchior puzzle.
- Fix rare crash in Chapter 3 during cooking.
- Various typo fixes in dialogue.
- Various small localization fixes.
- Fix issue where player could pause while loading into Hunter’s Guild, which could result in a fully black screen until the user pressed Plus again.
- Fix bug where you could fail to progress through “buy an item” objective if the item was sold back.
- Fix bugs related to challenging while jumping away from competitor.
- Fix gameplay failing to pause if the user navigated to the home menu.
- Fix rank up screen in post Daily Cook-Off flow infinitely looping if the user was max rank.
- Daily Cook-Offs change the active challenge at a different time than the leaderboard rollover. This will be fixed in the next patch.
Battle Chef Brigade has been officially update with its first patch. To ensure you’re on this new version simply navigate to the icon on your Switch, hit “+” on your controller, and go to software update > via the internet on-screen.